PGA Family Course
Club has been a PGA Family Course since 2007 and was one of the first facilities in the nation to be part of the PGA Family Course Program. We are proud to be 1 of only 17 PGA Family Golf Courses in Wisconsin and 1 of only 22 in all of Wisconsin and Minnesota combined. We truly appreciate the time and price constraints that many families face when it comes to doing activities together. Here at SGC we are committed to help families learn and share the fun, challenge and life lessons golf has to offer at an affordable price. Our PGA Family Course Program entails:
- A beginner-friendly short course and 2 sets of tees within our existing golf facility
- HUGE additional savings to junior AND adults accompanied by juniors Monday through Wednesday anytime or during twilight hours Friday through Sunday
- A FREE family golf clinic day in July
- A Family Scramble Tournament in July
- Family dinner specials for families following golf
- A course that offers a simple transition as each player’s abilities increases
- ABOVE ALL, an environment where kids and influential adults in their lives can spend more time together in learning this great game
10 Reasons you should get your Kid’s into golf today.
Excerpted from an article by Golf Marketer, Andrew Wood.
- Anyone Can Play: Golfers come in all shapes and sizes. You don’t have to be particularly strong, tall, lean or fast to succeed. Golf champions come in every shape and size imaginable. It’s never too early to start, and unlike most other sports, you can enjoy golf your entire life!
- Minimal Risk: Unlike many other popular sports like baseball, soccer and football, the chances of injury, especially serious injury, are almost nonexistent; golf is a noncontact sport.
- Safe and Positive Environment: The golf course is a safe place and facilitates mentoring relationships.
- Lifelong Friendships: You never know who you will meet on a golf course, but it’s one of the easiest places in the world to make friends. Success breeds success, and people who play golf are by in large more successful than the average bear. Those are the people you want your kids hanging out with! Best of all, golf creates a unique bond so those friendships can be developed all over the world and last a lifetime!
- Prepare for Business: It’s hard to think about it now, but kids grow up and the people they meet as children can play a huge part in their success later in life. Golf is a sport that helps prepare kids and teens for careers in business and other professional arenas. Even at 12 I was learning about real-life business every day from all the adults I played with.
- Time Spent Outdoors: In today’s world of video games, smart phones and child obesity, it can be hard to drag your son or daughter off the couch. Golf is the perfect excuse to spend an entire day enjoying nature and presents the opportunity to develop healthy, lifelong exercise habits!
- Important Life Lessons: Golf closely parallels real life as one experiences the highs and lows of the game. The range of experience, from birdies to bogeys, rewards a young person’s ability to keep each shot in perspective, manage one’s emotions, maintain a positive outlook and focus on the shot at hand. Golf is a sport that will teach your child integrity, discipline and respect. As they learn to conduct themselves on the golf course, these lessons will translate directly into everyday life. (See www.traitsofchampions.com)
- College Scholarships: Avid golfers have a lot of opportunities when it comes to college funding. The earlier your child starts, the greater his or her chance is of gaining access to scholarship money.
- Spend Time with Family: Golf is a game that encourages family participation. When children are young, they enjoy doing just about anything with you (but it doesn’t long last, so start now). Golf is an opportunity for quality bonding time, and it’s one that can last a lifetime.
- It’s FUN: This should probably be at the top of the list. One of the best reasons to get your son or daughter involved with golf is that they’ll have an absolute blast. They’ll have the chance to learn new skills, both physical and mental, make new friends and discover new opportunities.